Friday 4 May 2012

Thank you

Over the past four years, I have served as your local councillor in Kings Hedges. Unfortunately last night, I failed to retain my seat on the City Council.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the ward, those who voted for me, and those who didn't for making it an amazing four years. It has been a honour and a pleasure to serve as your Councillor, one which I will never forget.

I am confident that Cllrs Andy Pellew and Simon Brierly will continue to work hard for the ward, and will champion Liberal Democracy where it matters most - not in the corridors of Westminster or even the Guildhall, but on the streets and doorsteps of our communities.

I came into the Liberal Democrats to build a fair, free and open society, in which no one shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity. I shall continue this, when times are good as well as difficult.

Thank you.
Neil

No comments:

Published and promoted by Andy Pellew, Mike Pitt, Neil McGovern, Simon Brierley and the Cambridge Liberal Democrats, all of 16 Signet Court, Swann Road, Cambridge.

Comments are unmoderated and do not represent the opinion of the blog owner. We reserve the right to delete massively off topic, commercial, defamatory or offensive comments but will do this only sparingly.