Monday 30 June 2008

About us: Mike Pitt

So that you know a little more about the people representing you on the City Council we will each write a brief bio of ourselves.

I came to Cambridge as a student in 1993 and stayed in the City. My wife, Catherine, and I have lived in Kirkby Close since 1999. I worked for several years as a programmer, but retrained to become a teacher.

I now teach Mathematics at a comprehensive just south of Cambridge (Linton Village College). I am also a Governor of King's Hedges School.

I first stood in 2004 in King's Hedges, and was elected last year at my second attempt to become our second Councillor in the ward after Neale.

On the council I am Chair of the Housing Management Board, and sit on the Standards committee.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Really needs a little update: since last May I moved from chairing the Housing Management Board to being the Executive Councillor for Environmental and Waste Services: which means I'm responsible for bins and street sweeping (among other things).

I also left Standards and joined Civic Affairs. Thats far more bureaucratic though.

Published and promoted by Andy Pellew, Mike Pitt, Neil McGovern, Simon Brierley and the Cambridge Liberal Democrats, all of 16 Signet Court, Swann Road, Cambridge.

Comments are unmoderated and do not represent the opinion of the blog owner. We reserve the right to delete massively off topic, commercial, defamatory or offensive comments but will do this only sparingly.