Sunday 21 October 2007

I'm a councillor... and speed dating

Neale and I took part in two events connected to Local Democracy Week to try and raise the profile of Councils with young people.

Neale took part in "political speed dating", in which 9 City Councillors tried to persuade sixth form students to support them. He won the contest, well done Neale.

In the "I'm a Councillor" game, aimed at secondary school students, I didn't quite win. I came second. More importantly I learned a lot about what is important to the young people in Cambridge, and this should help me in doing my job as your Councillor.

Both events were good fun for us. I hope the sixth formers and pupils enjoyed them too!

No comments:

Published and promoted by Andy Pellew, Mike Pitt, Neil McGovern, Simon Brierley and the Cambridge Liberal Democrats, all of 16 Signet Court, Swann Road, Cambridge.

Comments are unmoderated and do not represent the opinion of the blog owner. We reserve the right to delete massively off topic, commercial, defamatory or offensive comments but will do this only sparingly.