Monday 25 June 2007

Pavement Progress

In the latest paper focus, which I hope everyone should have received by now, it says that I am to meet with officers from the County Council to discuss pavements.

This meeting has taken place and it is mixed news.

The bad news is that the County are unable to make repairs unless the pavement is considered dangerous. This is because funding for work to avoid problems in the first place has been slowly taken away by the Conservative run County Council.

The good news is that the officers on the ground are keen to fix the problems that they can. I have passed on the first set of reports, and hope to be able to report back some repairs soon. Please keep writing to me with details.

Stop Press: As I am writing this I have received an email telling me that repairs have been ordered to the pavement outside the Campkin Road shops. There is also a larger project to improve this area which should come before the next North Area Committee.

No comments:

Published and promoted by Andy Pellew, Mike Pitt, Neil McGovern, Simon Brierley and the Cambridge Liberal Democrats, all of 16 Signet Court, Swann Road, Cambridge.

Comments are unmoderated and do not represent the opinion of the blog owner. We reserve the right to delete massively off topic, commercial, defamatory or offensive comments but will do this only sparingly.